Everyone knows that new parents are sleep-deprived. That's a given. But what nobody tells you is that it doesn't end with babies. Toddlers are debatably worse than babies, because they have the freedom to get out of bed. And they have to be potty-trained. And they still teethe. And they get scared. And they get restless. And they get sick. And they like your bed better than theirs.
The struggle is real, y'all.
So if you're finally sitting down at the end of the day browsing the internet before bed, keep those tired eyes open just a little longer to laugh at these 10 Funny Memes for the Sleep-Deprived Parent.
1. Your kids may have given you the illusion that you're in charge but secretly, they pull the strings.
2. Babies have a real talent for knowing exactly when you're about to try and get some shut-eye.
3. There's no moment more painful than when you finally get in bed but have to set your alarm for mere hours later.
4. You know you're sleep-deprived when you start to envy your fetal self.
5. How can we contact the scientists in charge of this experiment and tell them their theory is wrong?
6. Sometimes your sleep-deprivation can make you get ... creative!
7. The bedtime paranoia is REAL when you're a new parent.
8. It's terrifying how one wrong step can cost you hours of lost sleep.
9. It can't hurt to try and negotiate with the little human in charge of your sleep schedule!
10. Like the real paparazzi, you have to stay alert no matter how tired you are.
If you're looking for a real solution for lack of sleep, check out Dream Lab! Designed for babies 4 to 12 months, Dream Lab is a convenient online sleep program that gives you personalized sleep plans, video tutorials, and access to live support from sleep experts. You and your little one will experience better sleep in as few as 7 days — guaranteed*! So try Dream Lab today and maybe these memes will become less relatable!
*Refund must be requested within 15 days of registration
Angela graduated with her B.S. in Exercise and Wellness and is a NASM certified personal trainer who specializes in postpartum fitness and recovery. She enjoys writing, cracking jokes, and spending time with her family, preferably while fishing. She shares many of her life adventures on Instagram as @angelagrams