Know when Baby may need you with our most advanced monitoring system yet.Shop Now
Dream Duo Family
Dream Duo Family
Dream Sock Family
Dream Sock Family
It's that time of year again! The leaves are changing color, the air is crisp and cool, and everyone's favorite holiday is just around the corner—Halloween! If you're like most people, you've probably already started thinking about your family's Halloween costumes. If you're looking for some ideas, you've come to the right place. In this post, we'll share our favorite family Halloween costume ideas. So get excited, because it's time to start planning for a spook-tacular Halloween!
1. Start with a theme: The first step to planning any costume is to decide on a theme. Do you want to go as characters from your favorite movie? TV show? Book? Once you've decided on a theme, it'll be much easier to narrow down your options.
2. Keep it simple: When you're choosing costumes for the whole family, it's important to keep things simple. Otherwise, you'll never be able to get everyone ready in time! Look for outfits that don't require too much effort or too many accessories. Things like face paint and wigs can always be added later if you want to spice things up a bit.
3. Make sure your costumes are weather-appropriate: This is especially important if you're planning to go trick-or-treating with young children. You don't want them to get too cold or too hot in their costumes, so be sure to choose something that will be comfortable for them to wear in the current weather conditions.
4. Keep bathroom breaks in mind: If you're going to be out and about in your costumes for a while, it's important to keep bathroom breaks in mind. Choose outfits that won't be too difficult to take off and put back on if someone needs to use the restroom. This is especially important when it comes to your potty-training toddler! Make sure their costume makes it easy for them to use the bathroom when needed.
1. Mary Poppins, Bert, and a Chimney Sweep: This timeless classic is perfect for any family looking to make a statement this Halloween. To achieve the look, Mom will need a long skirt, a white blouse, a black jacket, and a short umbrella.Dad will need slacks, a white button-down shirt, suspenders, and a hat. And for the little one, a pair of shorts, a white shirt, suspenders, and a soot-covered face will do the trick!
Pro tip: Accompany your costumes with some catchy chimney sweep dance moves for an extra dose of cuteness.
2. The Addams Family: For those families who prefer their Halloween costumes on the spooky side, look no further than The Addams Family! To get the look, Mom will need a black gown, Dad will need a black suit with tails, and the little one will need a black dress or pantsuit.
Pro tip: Don't forget to add some ghoulish makeup to really capture the essence of this iconic family.
3. A Bag of Jelly Beans: This one is perfect for families with young children who might not be able to handle wearing cumbersome costumes all night long. To pull off this delightful (and delicious!) look, each member of the family will need a solid-colored bodysuit (red for Mom, green for Dad, yellow for the little one) and some clear packing tape. Apply the packing tape to each bodysuit in horizontal stripes so that it resembles the wrapper of a jelly bean bag.
Pro tip: Accessorize your costumes with some jelly bean jewelry for an extra touch of sweetness.
4. Toy Story Characters: This is a great option for families with young children who are fans of the Toy Story franchise. To dress up as Woody, Mom will need a cowboy hat, a checkered shirt, and jeans. Dad can dress up as Buzz Lightyear by donning a green space suit and some silver boots. And the little one can transform into Jessie the cowgirl by wearing a blue skirt, a white shirt, and a brown cowboy hat.
Pro tip: Add some toy-themed accessories to really bring your costumes to life. A sheriff's badge for Woody, some aliens for Buzz, and some cowboy boots for Jessie would be perfect!
1. The Incredibles: This is a great option for larger families who want to coordinate but don't want to match exactly. To get the look, each member of the family will need a black bodysuit and some red fabric to create their own unique superhero costume. Mom can be Elastigirl, Dad can be Mr. Incredible, and the kids can be Violet and Dash.
Pro tip: Don't forget to add some Incredibles-themed accessories, like glasses or gloves, to really complete the look.
2. Star Wars Characters: May the force be with you this Halloween! This is another great option for larger families who want to coordinate but don't want to match exactly. Each family member can choose their own Star Wars character to dress up as. You could have Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, and R2-D2 all in the same family!
Pro tip: To really make your costumes stand out, add some homemade lightsabers or blasters.
3. The Wizard of Oz Characters: This is a great option for families who want to coordinate but don't want to match exactly. Each family member can choose their own Wizard of Oz character to dress up as. You could have Dorothy, the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion, and the Wicked Witch of the West all in the same family!
Pro tip: To really make your costumes stand out, add some homemade props, like a broomstick or a tin can.
1. The 7 Dwarfs: This is a great option for families with young children. Each member of the family will need a brown tunic and a red scarf to complete the look. Mom can be Snow White, Dad can be Grumpy, and the kids can be any of the seven dwarfs.
Pro tip: Don't forget to add some dwarf-themed accessories, like hats or pickaxes, to really complete the look.
2. Sesame Street Characters: This is another great option for families with young children. Each member of the family can choose their own Sesame Street character to dress up as. You could have Elmo, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Bert and Ernie, and Oscar the Grouch all in the same family!
Pro tip: To really make your costumes stand out, add some homemade props, like a cookie or a trash can.
3. Superheroes: This is a great option for families who want to coordinate but don't want to match exactly. Each family member can choose their own superhero to dress up as. You could have Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and The Flash all in the same family!
Pro tip: To really make your costumes stand out, add some homemade props, like a cape or a mask.
Want to show off your amazing Halloween family costumes? Here's a few tips for getting amazing pics of your cute kiddos!
1. Get in the Halloween Spirit: The best way to get your kids excited about taking photos is to get them into the Halloween spirit! Play some spooky music, decorate your house with festive decorations, and make some tasty Halloween treats together.
2. Choose a Fun Location: Take your photos in a fun location that matches your costumes. If you're dressing up as superheroes, head to your local playground or park. If you're dressing up as The Wizard of Oz characters, head to a nearby field or forest.
3. Use Props: Use props to add to the fun of your photos. If you're dressed up as Sesame Street characters, bring along some plush toys of your favorite characters. If you're dressing up as Star Wars characters, bring along some homemade lightsabers or blasters.
4. Get Creative: Be creative with your poses and try to have fun with it! If you're feeling stuck, there are plenty of pose ideas online.
5. Have Patience: Kids can be unpredictable, so it's important to have patience when taking photos. If your little one isn't cooperating, try to distract them with a toy or a treat.
6. Enjoy Yourself: The most important thing is to have fun! If you're not enjoying yourself, your kids definitely won't be either. So relax, take a deep breath, and enjoy the moment.
Planning a family Halloween costume can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn't have to be! By following these simple tips, you'll be sure to come up with an amazing idea that everyone will love. Happy Halloween!