Alexis McMullin (@alexismaymcmullin) is a happily married mother to Penny, who is a frequent star in Alexis' content, and her newborn August. Alexis grew up on both coasts (Boston and California) and has spent time in Utah and Chicago. She is constantly on the move, but her current principal residences include Hawaii and Chicago.
Father’s Day is coming up! It’s so important to show dads and father figures how important and appreciated they are. Rumor has it that that positive reinforcement and appreciation can even lead to additional diaper changes, so there may also be a bit of self-benefit from celebrating Dad this Father’s Day!
In addition to breakfast in bed and his favorite dinner, it’s always nice to give him a gift too! My husband Brad and I came up with a few of our favorite gift ideas. I picked out five ideas and my husband suggested five others in the list below. See if you can tell who picked what gift! (The answers are at the end of this blog.)
Father’s Day Gift Ideas:
- Vuori Current Tech Tee: If the father of your children is anything like my husband, he loves having simple, comfortable t-shirts. This is a great one!
- Aesop Moroccan Neroli Shaving Serum: Shaving can be a pain for dads, both figuratively and literally. This shaving cream takes something that is a pain and makes it luxurious. He’ll love this!
- W&P Homemade Hot Sauce Kit: Fun for him to do alone or for both of you to do together!
- Bose QuietComfort® 45 Headphones: Amazing headphones for his commute or winding down at home.
- Caraa Travel Kit: Brad always has his travel toiletries bag when he travels with us as a family or for work, and loves it.
- Caraa Tech Kit: Another great organizer bag for traveling. This one holds all of his technology and accessories – he’ll never lose his cords again.
- Artifact Uprising Hardcover Photo Book: A lot of dads are more sappy than they let on and having some nice photos at their office or at home are very appreciated. If you don’t believe me, check his “favorite” photos on his phone – most are probably of you or the kids!
- Cameo From His Favorite Celebrity: We got one of these for our daughter Penny once and it was a ton of fun. If the father you are celebrating has a favorite sports star or actor on here, you can buy a personalized message and it’s pretty entertaining!
- DIY Chore Coupons: Making a fun coupon is always fun and appreciated, but you need to be ready for it to be redeemed at the least convenient time!
- Owlet Dream Duo 2: Because dads love the latest technology and data! Owlet is our favorite monitor. Brad can check on the babies at any time, and can see them on the monitor from home or from work.
Alexis: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9
Brad: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10