Press and Media
Download the Press Release and Media Kit Here
- ABC San Fran
- NYPA Today
- Wall Street Journal
- Washington Post
- NY Daily News
- Daily Mail
- Tech Crunch
- Mother Jones
- Venture Beat
- Win Extra
- Salt Lake Magazine
- Trend Hunter
- Bit Rebels
- Denver Post
- Before Its News
- Business Standard
- Twin Cities
- Free Press Journal
- Dot Tech
- Medical Design
FAQ: Common Questions
Does Owlet have a sound or video monitor?
In this version, no. However, we will explore adding features to our future products.
Does Owlet guarantee my baby's safety?
No. The Owlet Baby Monitor is meant to help you be aware of possible indicators of danger, but your baby's safety is your responsibility.
How does the Owlet Baby Monitor work?
The monitor is worn by your baby as he/she sleeps. It measures your baby's heart rate and oxygen levels. It then sends this information via Bluetooth 4.0 and wifi to your smartphone.
Is there a warranty?
Yes, if the monitor ceases to work within 6 months of regular use of the product you can send it in for a new one. We are not responsible for household damage done to the product. Including but not limited to ripping the silicone, circuit boards and or battery.
What is the return policy on the monitor?
You can return the monitor after 3 weeks of use, no questions asked. Returns after that will not be available.
What age group is it for?
0-12 months is recommended, but you may use it as long as it fits the child's foot.
Where can I buy it?
It will be available on our website, owletcare.com/order/customer_dashboard.php
When will it be available?
The monitor is available now for pre-order. With having a baby, timing is everything, we don't want to over promise and under deliver, check out our blog to see how the product development is developing.
Will it be available internationally?
As of right now there will be major delays on international orders.
Is it a considered a medical device?
No, this is not a medical device. This is for health and wellness purposes only.
What is pulse oximetry?
Pulse oximetry is a well-known, noninvasive method used in hospitals around the world to monitor vital signs. The technology uses a small LED light to evaluate heart rate and blood oxygen levels.
How long will the pulse oximeter last?
The pulse oximeter is guaranteed under warranty for one (1) year.
How is this technology different from other monitors on the market?
The market currently has monitors that focus on sound, touch, and sight. Recording devices are used to see if the child is making noise, a touch pad can be laid underneath to track the child's movement, and cameras are used to watch the child as it sleeps. The Owlet Baby Monitor has a constant stream of the infant's vital signs and uses the same technology used in hospitals.
What type of waves and frequency?
915Hz or 2.4 GHz. The Owlet Baby Monitor will not receive interference from home alarms, cellphones or other electronics.
Will it wake my baby?
No, there will be an alarm on the base station as well as your phone but is not designed to wake your child.
FAQ: The App
Does it work with all smartphones?
Eventually yes but for version 1 it will only be compatible with iOS devices. Our iPhone app has been developed and will be released into the App Store before the monitor ships. We hope to have an Android version within a few months of shipping. Also, if you have multiple children using an Owlet, you will be able to monitor them through the same app and muliple devices.
What if I don't have a smartphone?
Right now you will not be able to access the information.
Can I monitor multiple children?
Yes, parents with multiple children may monitor them all via one app.
May my spouse and I both monitor our child via our smartphones?
Both parents may access their child's information and health statistics on the app over their respective smartphones allowing both to monitor their child.
FAQ: The Sock Look and Feel
Is it washable?
Yes, the sensor can be pulled out and the sock washed separately.
Are there different sizes?
The sock will have an adjustable strap, but we are planning on releasing different sized socks as well.
Does it come in different colors?
Because it is important to get this product to you as soon as possible, we currently only have one color, but will come out with more in the future.
Is it hypoallergenic?
Can my baby wear a onesie with it?
Yes, as long as the onesie is big enough the monitor will work underneath.
FAQ: Other Concerns
Will this have any negative long term effects?
Pulse oximetry has been used in US hospitals since 1987 and no long term effects have been found. Pulse oximetry traditionally does not burn or harm patients and we have taken further steps to minimize any risk. If used as advised, it should not cause any harm to your baby.
What if the baby monitor falls off?
You will be notified if the monitor is not getting valid readings and if the sock has fallen off.
For general questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (844)695-3822
For Domestic Distribution contact us at email@example.com
For International Distribution contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For refunds contact us at email@example.com
OWLET TERMS OF SERVICE
1. ACCEPTANCE. By using the http://www.owletcare.com/ website (the “Site”), any of the services (the “Services”) provided by Owlet Protection Enterprises, LLC, a Utah limited liability company (“Owlet”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), including, the Site, or by ordering any products (the “Products”) from the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by the following Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service”). If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms of Service, please exit the Site now and do not use any of the Services or order any Products. Your agreement with us regarding compliance with these Terms of Service becomes effective immediately upon commencement of your use of the Site or Services.
2. MODIFICATIONS. These Terms of Service are effective as of July 17, 2013. We expressly reserve the right to change these Terms of Service from time to time without notice to you. You agree that it is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service from time to time and to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this Site or any Services after such modifications will constitute acknowledgement of the modifications and agreement to abide and be bound by the revised Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: http:// www.owletcare.com/terms. For questions about the Terms of Service please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES. We provide Products and Services that monitor an infant’s vital signs and relay them wirelessly to the person’s smartphone. Our Services and Products have been developed by a team of skilled designers, programmers, and experts dedicated to infant health. We reserve the sole right to either modify or discontinue the Site or any of the Services, Products, or features that might be available at any time with or without notice to you. We will not be liable to you or any third party should we exercise such right. Any new features that augment or enhance the then-current Services or Products shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
5. ACCOUNT SECURITY. You are the sole authorized user of your account. You are solely and fully responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information, including your account password. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain access to your password and account. You are also responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your account. If you suspect that any unauthorized party is using your account, you agree to notify us immediately. Also, you may not transfer or share your account with anyone, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account if you do transfer or share your account.
6. PAYMENT FOR SERVICES AND PRODUCTS.
a. General. By signing up for our Services or purchasing our Products, you agree to pay us the applicable fees as set forth on the Site. You hereby authorize us or our affiliates to charge your credit card for such amounts. We retain the right, in our sole discretion, to place a hold on any payment for an ordered Product or Service. We reserve the right to increase a Service’s fees, Product costs, or institute new charges upon reasonable notice to you. For complete pricing and details regarding our various Services and Products visit http://owletcare.com/order/customer_dashboard.php.
b. Refunds. All fees connected with our Site, Services, and Products are non-refundable.
7. CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION.
a. Company Termination. These Terms of Service will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site and/or our
b. Customer Termination. You may cancel your account or any of the Services at any time and for any reason by
c. Effect of Termination. Upon termination or suspension, regardless of the reasons therefore, your right to use the Services. You agree that we may, in our sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Site or Services with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of these Terms of Service. If Owlet terminates or suspends your right to use the Services for any of these reasons, you will not be entitled to any refund. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, Owlet reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress. Furthermore, any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. providing email notice to email@example.com. Services available on this Site immediately ceases, and you acknowledge and agree that we may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or this Site. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any claims or damages arising out of any termination or suspension or any other actions taken by us in connection with such termination or suspension. All sections which by their nature should survive the expiration or termination of these Terms of Service shall continue in full force and effect subsequent to and notwithstanding the expiration or termination of these Terms of Service.
8. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Owlet Protection Enterprises, LLC and our affiliates harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney’s fees that arise from your use or misuse of the Site, Services, or Products. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. Owlet owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Site. The look and feel of the Site, Services, and Products is a copyright © 2013 of Owlet Protection Enterprises, LLC. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from Owlet. Users are prohibited from copying, downloading, using, redesigning, reconfiguring, or retransmitting anything from the Site without our express prior written consent. We claim no intellectual property ownership rights over the material you upload to or post on the Site. While you retain all rights to such content, you grant us and our agents and affiliates a non-exclusive, paidup, perpetual, and worldwide right to copy, distribute, display, perform, publish, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise use such materials for any purpose regardless of the form or medium (now known or not currently known) in which it is used, including but not limited to display on the Site for the purpose of demonstrating how our Services or Products can be used, enjoyed, or consumed.
10. SITE CONTENT AND USE. Your use of the Site and Services is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, and you are solely responsible to assure that your use of the Site and Services is in compliance therewith. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Site, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by Owlet. The Site and Services may not be used in connection with promoting anything, which in Owlet’s sole discretion is, harmful, hateful, obscene, or unlawful. You must not use the Site or Services to transmit any worms, viruses or any code of a destructive nature. Further, you are solely responsible for any content that you publish or display on the Site or transmit to others (“Customer Content”). We neither endorse nor assume any liability for any Customer Content that is posted or uploaded. However, we and our agents have the right in our sole discretion to refuse to upload or remove any Customer Content that, in our judgment, does not comply with these Terms of Service or any other rules of user conduct for the Site or Services, or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. We are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content. You hereby consent to such removal and waive any claim against us arising out of such removal of Customer Content.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. ALL MATERIALS, CONTENT, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THE WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (A) THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE EFFECTIVE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR OUR AFFILIATES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR BE FREE FROM MISTAKES, ERRORS OR DEFECTS. THIS SITE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER MISTAKES, INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES AT THIS SITE, INCLUDING THE PRICES AND DESCRIPTIONS OF ANY SERVICES LISTED HEREIN, AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. THE MATERIALS OR SERVICES AT THIS SITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND WE MAKE NO COMMITMENT TO UPDATE SUCH MATERIALS OR SERVICES. THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND WITH YOUR AGREEMENT THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH ACTIVITIES. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT OWLET SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, COVER, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF OWLET HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE A SERVICE OR PRODUCT; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; (V) CONDUCT, ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY SERVICE PROVIDER, OR ANY INSTRUCTION, ADVICE, ACT, OR SERVICE PROVIDED BY SERVICE PROVIDER; (VI) OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE, SERVICES, OR PRODUCTS. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS.
a. Entire Agreement. The failure of Owlet to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service
b. Third-Party Support. You understand that Owlet uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the
c. Headings. The headings contained in these Terms of Service are for reference purposes only and do not affect
d. Governing Law. These Terms of Service are controlled by us from our offices within the Utah, United States shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Owlet and govern your use of the Site, Services, and Products, superseding any prior agreements between you and Owlet (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Site and Owlet is not responsible for the shortcomings of any such third parties. in any way the meaning or interpretation of these Terms of Service. of America. By accessing the Site and Services both of us agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Utah, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of the Site and Services. Each of us agrees and hereby submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue any court of competent jurisdiction within the State of Utah with respect to such matters.
EFFECTIVE July 17, 2013
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Owlet may collect two types of information from users of our Site and Services: “Personal Information” which is information that can be used to locate you, contact you, or determine your specific identity (such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, etc.) and “Aggregate Information” which is information about your activities on the Site or in connection with the Services that cannot be used to identify, locate, or contact you (such as frequency of visits to the Site, data entered when using the Site, vital statistics and trends, etc.).
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Owlet collects Personal Information that is voluntarily provided by a user. In particular, when you sign up for an account, we ask you for certain personally identifying information such as your name, email address, and physical address, among other information. This information is used to assist us in analyzing the feedback and in facilitating your use of the Site or Services.
COLLECTING YOUR AGGREGATE INFORMATION
Aggregate Information is collected as you visit our Site or interact with our Services and Products even if you do not enter any information. Generally, Aggregate Information is used in a collective manner, and no single person can be identified by that compiled information. Owlet uses Aggregate Information to provide its Services and Products, as well as to determine the use of our Site and to monitor, audit, and analyze information pertaining to our business metrics. Further, Aggregate Information may and can be used to determine trends and tendencies that may help with infant health.
SHARING, SELLING, AND TRADING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Owlet will not share, sell, or trade your Personal Information with third parties except as needed as we deem necessary for a third party to fulfill their duties, such as fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, or other functions necessary to our business. These third party service providers are not authorized to retain, share, store or use your Personal Information for any purposes other than to provide the services for which they have been hired to provide. When you submit your Personal Information, you also agree that we may use your Personal Information to contact you by email, telephone, cell phone, direct mail, or text message about certain offers made available by us or third parties that we believe you might be interested in based on information you have provided to us. Ultimately, we simply use your Personal and Aggregate Information in an effort to improve your experience on the Site and with the services, and to communicate with you about information that you request. We may also use this information to help us develop and improve the Site and Services, and to tailor our Site and Services to your interests.
SHARING, SELLING AND TRADING AGGREGATE INFORMATION COLLECTED ONLINE WITH THIRD PARTIES
Aggregate Information may be used to improve the Site and Services, to monitor traffic and general usage patterns on the Site, and for other general business purposes which we determine in our sole discretion. Thus, we may disclose or sell Aggregate Information to third parties for a variety of business reasons. Aggregate Information will not include any Personal Information and we will not disclose any Personal Information except as expressly stated elsewhere in this Policy.
OTHER DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Owlet may elect to share or transfer your personal information to unrelated third parties for any of the following reasons: (i) to comply with a legal requirement, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Owlet; (ii) to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; (iii) in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of Owlet; (iv) when we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Owlet or other persons; or (v) as otherwise required or permitted by law. It should be noted that on some portions of the Site, users can choose to have their Personal Information displayed. If users choose to have their Personal Information displayed on the Site, Owlet shall not be responsible for this disclosure and such display shall not be considered a breach of this Policy.
We may also use “cookies” and your Personal Information to enhance your experience on the Site and to provide you with personalized offers. A cookie is a small data file placed on your computer’s hard drive that contains information that allows us to track your activity on the Site. The cookie itself does not contain any Personal Information; however, if you provide any Personal Information to us, the cookie may act as an identifier to tie your Personal Information to your IP address or computer. You may choose to delete cookies from your computer’s hard drive at any time or to disable cookies on your computer. If you delete cookies that relate to the Site, we may not be able to identify you upon your return to the Site. Additionally, if you disable your computer’s cookies, you may not be able to access certain features of the Site that require that cookies be enabled. The Site’s cookies cannot be used to read data from your hard drive and cannot retrieve information from any other cookies created by other websites. Additionally, our cookies cannot be used as a virus, Trojan horse, worm or any other malicious tool that could impair your use of your computer. Our cookies are used to help us better understand how you and other users use the Site so we can continue to provide a better, more personalized user experience on the Site.
We expressly reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time without notice to you. You agree that it is your responsibility to review this Policy from time to time and to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of the Site and/or Services indicates your consent to our collection of and use of your Personal and Aggregate Information under the then current Policy.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If you have any comments, questions, or concerns about the Policy, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.